Call for Abstracts
Abstract Extended Submission Deadline: Is closed
Authors will be notified whether their abstract has been chosen for oral presentation or a poster by email by 18 July 2022.
- Fast Track and Outpatient Arthroplasty
- Current Concepts in UKA
- Alignment and Balancing in TKA
- New Technology in TKA
- Simulation and Implant Choices in TKA
- Complex Primary TKA
- Managing Complications
Instructions for Authors
- Abstracts must be written in English not exceeding 300 words, and must be submitted as a Word file (.doc or .docx ) via the online submission form. The word count does not include the title, authors and affiliations.
- Use font Arial 10 characters per inch (font size 10)
- Use single spacing and type the text unjustified without hyphenating words at line breaks. Use hard returns only to end headings and paragraphs, not to rearrange lines.
- Type your title in sentence case in bold with no full stop at the end
- Insert a blank line between the title and the authors.
- Type family name first followed by the initials of the authors (Rubens P.P., Van Eyck J., etc.)
- Type affiliation underneath the authors: Dept., Institution, City, Country (do not mention street addresses, PO boxes or zip codes). When there are multiple affiliations number them as follows and use the semi-colon between the multiple affiliations:
- 1Dept. A, Hospital A, City, Country;2Dept. B, Hospital B, City, Country;3Dept. C, Hospital C, City, Country
- Ideally, your abstract is structured as follows: Introduction and/or Aim / Materials and Methods / Results / Discussion and/or Conclusion. In structured abstracts, paragraph headings should be typed in bold followed by a full stop and by regular text. Do not use the heading ‘Abstract’.
- Max 2 figures or tables are allowed. These will not count towards the word limit. Figures must be embedded in the Word file, underneath the abstract, and must be cited in the abstract.
- Do not put blank lines in between the paragraph headings. If you add a paragraph ‘Acknowledgements’ and/or ‘References’, put a blank line before these paragraph headings.
- Do NOT type first names of authors/co-authors in full, but list initials only. Authors not listed in the online submission form will not be listed in the Author Index of the Journal of Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology.
- The use of References is discouraged and must be limited to max 3. When you list references use superscript numbers in both the text and the reference list. The actual references must be in font size 8.
Abstracts must be submitted as a Word file via the online submission form.
You can submit several abstracts at the same time and/or add abstracts later on.
Click on the link below to start and create a profile.
Fill out your personal data and go through the submission procedure.
Your abstract(s) is/are only uploaded successfully when you receive an automatic reply confirming your submission(s).
IMPORTANT: The uploaded Word file(s) must contain Title, authors & affiliations and the actual abstract.
Please read the author instructions carefully before submitting your abstract(s).
Click here for step by step guidance through the online submission procedure.